I work with business and entrepreneur to
Associate Director, Marketing & Communications
WE Charity; Toronto, ON — Jan 2017 - Present
As the Associate Director of Marketing for WE Charity, I am responsible for the development and management of all WE Charity marketing initiatives, including strategy, research, budgeting, and execution. I lead and mentor a team of managers, designers and copywriters focused on executing international integrated marketing campaigns. Additionally, I build and maintain close relationships with both internal stakeholders and external corporate partners including Microsoft, Allstate and RBC.
• Launched the organization’s first-ever one-day fundraiser, bringing in 1.5 million dollars in additional funding.
• Worked closely with our organization’s corporate sponsors to develop one-of-a-kind educational products for educators and students.
• Improved a flagship educational product that is sent out to over 12,000 educators yearly, cutting costs by over 50% and extending reach to hundreds of new educators.
• Redesigned our organization’s website in collaboration with Microsoft and AODA, to ensure we met accessibility standards.
• Worked closely with our teams in the US, UK, Africa, Asia and South America to streamline organizational communications and ensure products were tailored to their specific audiences.
Manager, Marketing & Communications
WE Charity; Toronto, ON — Sept 2014 - Jan 2017
• Played an integral role in the development and execution of the annual holiday campaign, resulting in an 18% increase in campaign revenue.
• Created an educational product for Canada 150 in collaboration with the government of Canada, which was distributed to more than 12,000 schools across the country.
• Mentored a team of copywriters and designers, providing professional development opportunities and career advancement.
• Modernized the organization’s creative briefing process by introducing new SOP’s and project management applications.
Coordinator, Communications & Photography
WE Charity; Toronto, ON — Dec 2013 - Sept 2014
• Orchestrated the organization’s first-ever guerilla marketing campaign, resulting in an 80% increase in weekly revenue and 400 new prospects.
• Launched a new ticketing system for internal projects, transforming the overall efficiency of the communications team.
• Developed a tagging and archiving process for the organization’s database of over 100,000 images and videos, increasing designer productivity by 45%.
Bachelor of Fine Art, Photography
OCAD University 20 09 - 2013
Continuing Education, Entrepreneurship & Small Business Management
George Brown College 2013 - 2014
Professional Development, Managing for Results/Project Management